- $12,040 to the Plastic Surgeon
- The Abdominoplasty is $7,480 and the Mammoplasty/Reduction is $5,700. By combining procedures, I save 20% off of the second procedure, reducing the reduction by $1,140 for a total of $4,560.
- $1,675.00 to the Anesthesiologists
- $3,870.00 to the Hospital
- Grand total: $17,585
|Walking around on those, what do you call them?|
Besides the cost of the procedures, there are also medications, special high-protein foods and supplements, supportive pillows, compression garnments, and of course new clothes.
- Prescription medications with my insurance totaled $35. After they run out, I can continue medicating as necessary with tylenol.
- High Protein foods and supplements come in many forms. I'll be using New Whey Liquid Protein, low sodium beef jerkey, greek yogurt, and lean meat.
- Support Pillow: I like this one here.
- The hospital will give me my first set of compression garnments and I've already purchased a few varieties from Amazon to see which ones I like the best. I'll let you know which ones work well.
|Even Ariel had transitional clothes.|
I'll be in stretchy transitional clothes for the first months. I'll likely be able to keep about 30% of my current wardrobe, but it will fit differently so it may as well be new to me. I also have pre-pregancy items in storage that I'll be able to wear again.
The best parts of getting new clothes?
- All of my maternity pants will be gone - NO MORE BELLY PANELS!
- All of my $80 bras will be gone!
- All of my XXL, XL, and 14+ dresses will be given away or sold on eBay!
- All of my M and L clothes will come out of hiding!
- All of my skirts will be worn for the first time in 5 years!
- I'll be able to buy pants that zip!
|To a new chapter!|
As I said before, this is an investment. I'm very thankful to be a position where I can even consider these procedures and have the opportunity to finance it. This is the start of a new chapter. I'm glad you all are here for the ride!